Par Q & You
Par-Q is designed to help you help yourself. Many benefits are associated with regular exercise, and the completion of the Par-Q is a sensible first step to take if you are planning to increase the amount of physical exercise in your life.
For most people, physical activity should not pose any problem or hazard. Par-Q has been designed to identify the small number of adults for whom physical exercise might be inappropriate or those who should have medical advice concerning the type of activity most suitable to them.
Common sense is your best guide in answering these few questions. Please read them carefully and circle the answer that applies to you.
- Has you doctor ever said you have heart trouble?
- Do you frequently have pains in your heart of chest?
- Do you often feel faint or have spells of severe dizziness?
- Has a doctor ever said your blood pressure was too high?
- Has you doctor ever told you that you have a bone or joint problem such as arthritis that has been aggravated by exercise, or might be made worse with exercise?
- Is there a good physical reason not mentioned here why you should not follow an activity program even if you wanted to?
- Are you over age 65 and not accustomed to vigorous exercise?
Yes to one or more questions?
If you answered yes to one or more questions, you are advised to consult your doctor and tell them about the question you answered Yes to. They may then tell you the type of physical activity you can take part in.
If you answered your Par-Q accurately, you have reasonable assurance of your present suitability to take part in the boot camp or class providing you haven’t got a temporary minor illness, such as a common cold.
By signing this form I am agreeing that the Par – Q has been completed accurately to the best of my knowledge and belief. All sports UK accepts no liability for my death, injury or illness resulting from my failure to disclose any relevant medical impairment or condition or from my misuse of the equipment.